Forum Guidelines: Stick to them or perish
Section 1 - Registration.
1. Users with usernames containing offensive words, phrases or other, will be notified of this and have their account suspended or deleted.
2. Admins reserve the right to prevent anyone from registering or gaining access to the forums, for any reason.
3. We also reserve the right to check either at registration time or later on that you registered with a valid email. If you failed/fail to register with a valid email we reserve the right to remove your access to the forums.
Section 2 - Conduct.
1. Spam is not allowed. (Definition is at bottom)
2. Flaming is not allowed (definition is at bottom)
3. Porn is not allowed on the forums (this also includes links to)
4. Warez is not allowed on the forums (this also includes links to)
5. Racist comments or remarks are not allowed in the forums (this also extends to pms)
6. Discriminating against people due to their sex, race, religion, ethnic background, nationality, sexuality or any other reason an admin deems unacceptable is not tolerated.
7. You are allowed to express your opinions on this board as long your opinion does not violate any of the forum rules, in which case please refrain from publicising your opinion on the forums (this includes pms)
8. Treat people with respect.
9. Do not go out of your way to annoy anyone. Especially Admins and moderators.
10. Do not make Admins or moderators life harder.
11. Welcome new members to the boards. Respect any opinion they have about BG, the forums, and the site.
12. If you are a long-standing member, behave like one. Lead by example and assist other newer members rather then attacking them. We look upon our veteran members to use this opportunity to teach the newer members the appropriate way to use these message boards
13. No excessive Profanity. While profanity, when used properly, is an effective way of conveying emotion and/or thoughts, when abused it can be detrimental and offensive. Please keep in mind that we do have young people browsing these forums
14. No necro-posting without an extremely good reason. We do not want to see year old topics surface again, without good cause. Please restrain yourselves from necro-posting.
15. Advocating cheating. Recently, people have started advocating cheating and exploiting on these forums. We will take a harsh line on those who try to ruin the game for others.
16. No politics. Everything politics related is going to end in a flame war and is therefore forbidden. No political messages in signatures or posts.
17. Signatures should be as small as possible. The horizontal size must not exceed 800px and the vertical size must be below 400px.
Section 3 - Moderators and Admins
1. Moderators have the power to close, censor and/or delete any topic they feel necessary to do so.
2. Moderators have the power to edit your posts.
3. Global moderators have all the powers of moderators.
4. Global moderators have moderation power in every forum
5. Global moderator's decisions override any made by moderators.
6. Moderators can't overrule a global moderator’s decision.
7. Admins have all the power of global moderators.
8. Admins can remove any privilege you have on the forums (pms, posting, etc)
9. Admins' decisions override those of global moderators.
10. Any decision an admin makes can only be changed by another admin.
11. Admins have the power to change these rules on the go.
12. An Admins word is final. Arguing with an admin over a decision will probably get you a punishment decided by the Admins discretion. If you already have a punishment, then your punishment will likely be extended or modified
13. Admins, global moderators and moderators are expected to behave more responsibly than normal members.
Section 4 - Conclusion
1. These rules do not cover everything, just all we can think off at the current time.
2. As stated above Admins can alter these rules at any time. It is your responsibility to keep up to date on the rules.
3. By registering on the forums, you agree to the rules set here, present and future.
4. IRC Rules and conduct are decided solely by those who have op status or over. Any decision decided by a higher level person on IRC can't be overruled by you if you are on a lower status level.
Section 5 - Definitions
1. Spamming - Spamming is characterised by the initiation of threads or posts that contribute nothing to a forum, be it off topic or on topic. Examples include: empty posts, posts with few words that have no relation to the current thread or discussion and those posts that state they are spam, either to annoy or increase a member's post count. Spamming is also characterised by posts which have no relation to the original post in the topic, regardless of other points made in the topic. PM's or new topics are better suited for this, rather than taking a post OT. Whether a post or topic is spam or not is decided by a moderator, global moderator or admin. The rule over whose decision is more important (Section 3) still applies here.
2. Flaming - Attacking someone due to an opinion or expressed views in a post. Just don't do it. If someone does something silly, maybe post a topic in the wrong forum, screaming and shouting at them is no good. If you do that we'll either delete or edit your post. Instead, let them know the error and guide them into the right action. Obviously if someone's just being an asshole we'll deal with it. Remember, if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. Admins, global moderators and moderators will decide a punishment if any for flaming. The rule over whose decision is more important (Section 3) still applies here. Team Members, moderators, global moderators and Admins are expected to behave sensibly with relation to flaming. If you think one of the above groups (mentioned in the previous sentence) is participating in flaming, please contact an admin directly