> 2.2 Suggestions
analord
post Mar 14 2012, 05:03 PM
Post #101

BG's number uno

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,981

that sums it up. +1 for that

But I have a question to an other phenomenon which is a gradual process in bg 2's development. When I started playing the game more than 5 years ago, with the same computer I use nowadays, the game was mostly lag free and enjoyable. But over the years the game became more and more laggy. So WHY is this game sooooooooooooooooooooooooo horrible to play now?!
One response in advance to all fucktards. My computer has no problems with the source engine or anything else (CSS 300 fps) and my internet connection is capable, at least for this kind of crap.

--------------------
Vitali Rapflow: frodo
Vitali Rapflow: find the ring
Vitali Rapflow: now
Vitali Rapflow: go
Be Blue ! Dallan disconnected.

Düsseldorfer Heine Burschenschaft
Düsseldorfer Heineburschenschaft
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hawke
post Mar 14 2012, 10:21 PM
Post #102

Top player, top choice
Group Icon

Group: Team Leader
Member No.: 14,831

From what little I know it's just poor optimization across the board. Things like uncompressed bump maps, old files, almost no models have LODs (Level of details) for example every time a musket drops it's 2k extra polygons just sitting there. I'd assume it's the same thing with the code, old bits and pieces from older versions just laying around, clogging up the works. A large part of what we're trying to do with the new release thats coming out is fixing these issues, general optimization and graphical updates. So hopefully the game will play a bit better in the future.

--------------------
bjn: no time for sean nanny goons

+Quote Post
Pumbassa
post Mar 15 2012, 12:26 AM
Post #103

Private

Member No.: 15,000

It's been a while since I played BG2 but the performance updates are good to hear, 2.1 didn't run smoothly on certain maps. Hope you guys get an animator :(

Also, Hawkes I wouldn't say the other classes are redundant, of course the best classes are continental solider and royal infantry but Frontiersman and esp Jaeger (hirschfanger>butterknife) are awesome with some practise. On gamemodes with no re spawns or fort attack maps if your a good shot and have space/cover to reload, the accuracy of your rifle makes it worthwhile. In skirmish due to re spawning and the nature of CTF gameplay you might as well just play the standard solider class. I think with a class based game it's important to have classes that are varied and offer a unique/different play style.

Will there be any official gamemode with respawns disabled? What I like about round based games with re spawns deactivated is that people form squads and use tactics, it's fun. Skirmish is all good but it doesn't have that addictive feel of round based games such as CSS.This is just my opinion but I thought I'd mention it because I think teamwork is quite necessary in BG2 and a new gamemode could add some diversity to just skirmish and line battle.

+Quote Post
Hawke
post Mar 15 2012, 12:32 AM
Post #104

Top player, top choice
Group Icon

Group: Team Leader
Member No.: 14,831

I'm not sure if any maps will have Last man standing as a default mode as mapping isn't my work area, however I know that at least one map will have ticket mode on be default, which would be exactly what you want I'd say. I would personally like to see more maps come out with that being the default option.

--------------------
bjn: no time for sean nanny goons

+Quote Post
Koach
post Mar 15 2012, 12:48 AM
Post #105

Bugger you.
Group Icon

Group: Retired Team Members
Member No.: 14,790

Regarding maps with LMS on as default, there is an official map called "bg_palisade_lms" which works without respawns. However, it is not a very popular map.

There's also BG_Foothills, but nobody plays that map any more. Right now we're reworking it a bit, in order to improve it, but for the time it's not decided if we'll keep the LMS or not.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mpc
post Mar 15 2012, 08:51 AM
Post #106

Padawan of Grantelbart
Group Icon

Group: BG Dev. Team
Member No.: 6,884

Ya, we do have some LMS maps, but we have not had any in the official roster since 1.5 or 2.0. bg_foothills was removed I believe back in 2.0, and bg_Palisade_lms was removed even before that I think, but as Koach say's we are trying to update bg_foothills so we will try to get it in the new update later on this year. We are aiming for Ticket Mode combined with Last Man Standing. It's on the SVN at the moment, if you want to beta test it.

--------------------
Want to join TRR? www.theroyalrecruits.com - Plexi's cat can see your soul!

+Quote Post
gRanTeLbArT
post Mar 15 2012, 09:21 AM
Post #107

aaaaaa | TRR scream team
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,115

QUOTE (klifsnider @ Mar 14 2012, 05:01 PM) *
The only other problem with new classes I know of is that when classes like militia, native, officer etc slash with their melee weapon, they "bow" their head and hold 1 arm infront of their face, making it near impossible to headstab them. This gives them a bit of an unfair advantage, as their weapons are now just as powerful as the bayonets. I don't see a direct fix for this problem though, since we have no animator.

Never had a problem with this.

--------------------
The Elders have foreseen victory this day!
Member of the TRR scream team.

+Quote Post
klifsnider
post Mar 15 2012, 10:55 AM
Post #108

Major
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,408

QUOTE (gRanTeLbArT @ Mar 15 2012, 10:21 AM) *

That's because you only play as native / militia ...

--------------------
Collected awards in BGU matches:
>Most Annoying Playstyle
>Lamest Killstealer
>Best Spectator

+Quote Post
gRanTeLbArT
post Mar 15 2012, 12:18 PM
Post #109

aaaaaa | TRR scream team
Group Icon

QUOTE (klifsnider @ Mar 15 2012, 11:55 AM) *
QUOTE (gRanTeLbArT @ Mar 15 2012, 10:21 AM) *

That's because you only play as native / militia ...

Not only, it's also because I think it's still possible to hit the head

--------------------

+Quote Post
analord
post Mar 15 2012, 01:14 PM
Post #110

BG's number uno

the hitboxes of native and militia are fucked up in some cases. That's a fact.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Im_So_Cool_Retar...
post Mar 15 2012, 02:16 PM
Post #111

Captain

Member No.: 5,184

I think all classes are equal if given time. In fact I still believe the loyalist and his knife are #1.

APART from the light infantry. That's just a crap class for crap players.

--------------------
7:28 PM - brnc: you are the best
7:28 PM - brnc: im second

1:27 PM - brnc: what the fuck are they talking about?
1:27 PM - we're all made of bubbles: man wtf are they talking about
1:27 PM - we're all made of bubbles: lol
1:27 PM - brnc: HAHA

+Quote Post
sigge22
post Mar 15 2012, 04:00 PM
Post #112

Private

Member No.: 14,225

QUOTE (Im_So_Cool_Retart @ Mar 15 2012, 03:16 PM) *
I think all classes are equal if given time. In fact I still believe the loyalist and his knife are #1.

APART from the light infantry. That's just a crap class for crap players.

how is it so good anyway? before last week I hadn't really played the loyalist, but I tried it and did much better than with regular bayonet.

+Quote Post
gRanTeLbArT
post Mar 15 2012, 05:31 PM
Post #113

aaaaaa | TRR scream team
Group Icon

Apart from damage, swing time and maximum swing angle that's allowed, it's just as good as the normal sabre.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pumbassa
post Mar 15 2012, 05:56 PM
Post #114

Private

Member No.: 15,000

Ticket maps are okay but my favourite are straight off the bat LSM maps, shame there not very popular it seems.

Why isn't there there bullet penetration in BG2? I always though if someone was behind wooden cover you should be able to tag them, at least with higher calibre weapons.

Is loyalist a new 2.2 class? :o

+Quote Post
gRanTeLbArT
post Mar 15 2012, 08:56 PM
Post #115

aaaaaa | TRR scream team
Group Icon

QUOTE (Pumbassa @ Mar 15 2012, 06:56 PM) *
Ticket maps are okay but my favourite are straight off the bat LSM maps, shame there not very popular it seems.

Why isn't there there bullet penetration in BG2? I always though if someone was behind wooden cover you should be able to tag them, at least with higher calibre weapons.

Is loyalist a new 2.2 class? :o

They actually mean the Jäger class, the class with a rifle on the British team. In Battle Grounds 1 for HL this used to be the Loyalist.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Im_So_Cool_Retar...
post Mar 15 2012, 08:59 PM
Post #116

Captain

Member No.: 5,184

I mean the class with the knife.

And sigge, I thin kit's just unpredictable for your opponent, which give it the advantage.

--------------------
7:28 PM - brnc: you are the best
7:28 PM - brnc: im second

1:27 PM - brnc: what the fuck are they talking about?
1:27 PM - we're all made of bubbles: man wtf are they talking about
1:27 PM - we're all made of bubbles: lol
1:27 PM - brnc: HAHA

+Quote Post
mpc
post Mar 15 2012, 09:05 PM
Post #117

Padawan of Grantelbart
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,884

QUOTE (Im_So_Cool_Retart @ Mar 15 2012, 09:59 PM) *
I mean the class with the knife.

And sigge, I thin kit's just unpredictable for your opponent, which give it the advantage.

Ya, I agree to this. Even though I am mega bad, when you bubbles or another good melee person changes to the knife class I always seem to get owned more xD

--------------------
Want to join TRR? www.theroyalrecruits.com - Plexi's cat can see your soul!

+Quote Post
analord
post Mar 16 2012, 12:27 AM
Post #118

BG's number uno

QUOTE (Pumbassa @ Mar 15 2012, 06:56 PM) *

LMS is not popular, because ppl want to play instead of dying and waiting 10 minutes for the next respawn.

btw
In my opinion you should really include a K/D in the tab screen.

This post has been edited by analord: Mar 16 2012, 12:28 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Samsongas
post Apr 1 2012, 02:06 PM
Post #119

Private

Member No.: 15,030

QUOTE (Samsongas @ Mar 9 2012, 12:37 AM) *
Hey there! I have ideas that I want to share but I know most of you will dislike.
From easiest to hardest there are they:

1-Grenades: Very important and I think it's easy. You can make them just very slow to throw as the character needs to make a charged trow and burn the bomb.
2-Bow for indian: It won't be difficult, you can make a system that makes it acurate wbile you hold aiming to a point, until you move the crosshair and then it looses acuracy. This is just because i find indian pointless if they are just the same as commander but with rifles.
3-Better control of canons. That can be fun but is not strictly necesary.
4-Maybe more options of close combat. I mean put the fire in another key as 'F' or something and allow to right click and left click to different actions. I put this in fourth place because it is what most of you will dissagree with.

I think this game needs more diversity. All the classes of characters are nearly the same and there is not much weapons to choose. Make it funnier. Add options such as you can get an axe wich is more powerful than the bayonet but you loose the rifle to shoot and things like that. That is what will make this game popular. smiling.gif

Ok now kill me I don't care. I'm sure most of you will think: "OK, this idiot guy has to read the 'What to not suggest' post" but maybe if people insist with this shit it's because it's damn kick ass. Your basic melee fight is fun but come on, it will be funnier with little improvements and more noob-friendly.

QUOTE (Pedant @ Mar 13 2012, 09:01 PM) *
ANTI-SUGGESTIONS.TXT

Your words have spoken to me, like the words of an idiot guy who didn't read whatever thread you mentioned.

Grenades: Who doesn't love grenades, I recall my first grenade, it was shaped like a pineapple, but it tasted cold and metallic. Alas, though the grenade is a useful device it wasn't particularly prevalent during the period in question, thusly do you fall foul of the 1st amendment HISTORICAL ACCURACY. Interestingly your suggestion also falls foul of the 5th amendment "balance".

Indian Bows: This is a fantastic suggestion, arm all native americans with a bow & 20 arrows, when their allotted quiver is spent they must spend 5 minutes whittling a fresh arrow, smelting an arrow head & plucking a bird. Alternatively they may search dead natives for arrows, a pursuance destined to prove fruitless.

Cannon: The current cannon handling is pretty dire. I know these aren't meant to be modern cannon with super chargers, fuel injection or even 12 three-dimensional geometric shapes, but come on. There is a vast catalogue of maps boasting cannon technology, yet everytime I utilise one I feel only a vacuous cavity gaping in my soul.

More Close Combat Options: While the melee combat is the keystone of the game loved and respected by all, I feel only one class would truly benefit from an additional function. The American frontiersman or 'sniper' class currently only wields a tiny knife, although it wouldn't be an advantageous tactic in combat surely in homage to the great historic tradition they should be able to urinate on their fallen foe?!

Diversity: Batteaxes and multicoloured unitards?...I can find no fault with this suggestion.

I will only put both post so who wants to see will see, that you just answered exagerating my "headers" and didn't read the explanations.
But I won't discuss about it, only put one video that my clans colonel posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPv56deYrsQ

So you can see what open minded people can make. Or at least people who can see further than their noses.
As I said before, the only thing we have in adventadge is the source engine and good clans.

+Quote Post
Pedant
post Apr 3 2012, 06:32 PM
Post #120

Private

Member No.: 14,851

SCATHING REBUTTAL.TXT

While it's brave of you to wade it to the heady and controversial debate surrounding your previous suggestions I'm not sure you're furthering your cause much here.

I : Well, the explanations you reference explain nothing, they are merely ways your ideas could be transplanted into the game with the minimum amount of thought & effort.

But : Your lack of discursive ability disappoints and enrages me, how do you hope to have your suggestions implemented if you can't and won't discuss any and all possible flaws.

So : Pertaining to the openness of mind and shortness of sight, I suggest you remove the grenade from your eye before you attempt to remove the pineapple from mine, see above handily linked post for reasons why.

As : For the last point, to your credit you haven't actually mentioned the source engine & good clans as positive points or even at all in your previous post...CREDIT REVOKED.

The link is impressive however, this completely different game you've posted a video of pushes the very bounds of linebattling simulation technology. There are horses in line, rockets in line, all kinds of brightly coloured men in line and at one point there's even guys getting shot at in a sort of very rough square...unprecedented.

Do Not Discuss.

+Quote Post
James Asner
post Apr 9 2012, 03:54 PM
Post #121

Captain

Member No.: 14,047

a hit "overlay" that doesn't cause the entire screen to darken. In certain areas or dark maps getting hit once is blinding. From there it's a death sentence.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SilentDawn
post Jun 21 2012, 11:34 AM
Post #122

Private

Member No.: 15,068

hey guys. i've just started playing a few days ago, and i have some ideas for improvement :)
here's my little list of suggestions:

1. different positions on screen for messages regarding dealing and recieving damage (so they don't overwrite one another). also with different colors (green for dealing damage and red for recieving).
in that case, if u hit someone and then die, atleast u can die happy knowing that u didn't die in vain :)

2. change the hud to make it clearer which side you're fighting on. ie. red hud with british flag for the british
3. some of the rifle models in the game are not symetrical (like the first british rifle). making it harder to know where u are aiming. a fix can be nice.
4. icons above teammates heads
5. fix the bug where u can't see kill messages in the upper right while the skies are in the backround. (too bright. need to look at the ground to know who u killed)
6. start a new project on kickstarter.com and make this mod for Unreal 3 engine. or as a mod for Red Orchestra 2 :)

This post has been edited by SilentDawn: Jun 21 2012, 11:42 AM

+Quote Post
Ad-Man
post Jun 21 2012, 06:09 PM
Post #123

Part of the Big Five conspiracy
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3,147

Hello SilentDawn and welcome to the BG2 forums.

We always appreciate constructive feedback and we will definitely look into some of your suggestions.

I am a little unsure about what exactly the problem is when aiming the muskets/rifles. Do you mean that it is hard to know where to aim when you go into ironsights?

--------------------
Do you cant read me ? Not read ..
Not like whot i write ? not read too ...
Where is the problem ?

QUOTE (Copywright (wallhacker/bad modeler))
BGu had a chance of coming back but Roob failed sad really

+Quote Post
SilentDawn
post Jun 21 2012, 10:14 PM
Post #124

Private

Member No.: 15,068

QUOTE (Ad-Man @ Jun 21 2012, 09:09 PM) *
Hello SilentDawn and welcome to the BG2 forums.

We always appreciate constructive feedback and we will definitely look into some of your suggestions.

I am a little unsure about what exactly the problem is when aiming the muskets/rifles. Do you mean that it is hard to know where to aim when you go into ironsights?

yes, when aiming down the sight with the default british musket. the connection of the 2 polygons is a bit off to the left, which makes long range shots harder to hit.

+Quote Post
Ad-Man
post Jun 21 2012, 11:05 PM
Post #125

Part of the Big Five conspiracy
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3,147

Ok I will look into that.

Regarding the damage messages, I thought it was a neat idea so I had a little play with it this evening.

--------------------
Do you cant read me ? Not read ..
Not like whot i write ? not read too ...
Where is the problem ?

QUOTE (Copywright (wallhacker/bad modeler))
BGu had a chance of coming back but Roob failed sad really

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th December 2014 - 04:20 AM