> Bg New London Map, Now in the SVN- working towards 2.2 still
Nathan Hale
post Feb 22 2012, 12:39 AM
Post #1

Original BG First Release Player
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 124

For those who haven't been keeping up-- we're still adding to the SVN in anticipation of 2.2. MPC's new map bg_newlondon has been added to the game. It is similar to Townguard in some ways, but also has some key differences. You can update your SVN and test it out now.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Koach
post Feb 22 2012, 04:46 AM
Post #2

Bugger you.
Group Icon

Group: Retired Team Members
Member No.: 14,790

MPC, you gotta improve that map quite a lot, mate. I tested it out, and truly, things were a bit messy.

First of, there are a few strange places in the map, where one side of a wall does not synchronize with the other. for instance, there's a wall that has a door on one side, but it's plain on the other, and it's visible. Same happens with a big gate, which has a wall on the other side, also visible.

Second: it seems that gameplay might get a bit stuck while fighting in the houses. PBs will surely be a big threat in those areas.

Third: leave the doors open, people will find a way to glitch them and lock them closed. They did with Freeman's Farm already...

last but not least: It's quite difficult for the British to get inside the cabin. There's only 1 half-safe route they can take, while the Americans have two, quite safe ways to get it. Also, Americans can run in faster locking the area and making it extremely difficult for the British to take that point.

This post has been edited by Koach: Feb 22 2012, 04:47 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
mpc
post Feb 22 2012, 04:54 AM
Post #3

Padawan of Grantelbart
Group Icon

Group: BG Dev. Team
Member No.: 6,884

The map is supposed to be American sided, since the village is American, so the + - 1 second bias will not be fixed in the first instance. (it also depends where you spawn at spawn, since you can spawn at the far back, or forward part of the American and British spawns).

Second, those areas with the doors are not game breakers since they do not hold anything of value and were only added to make the map look a bit more fun. Same thing with the 2nd floor in one of the houses. If people want to camp in them by holding the doors shut or blocked with furniture, fine by me, they will just make their team lose since its nothing of value in those areas. All the direct routes to the flag for each side have no doors blocking them. I might however make the school wall breakable to give the Brits another entrance via that area.

When it comes to PB in houses and people getting stuck into each other during melee, its like that in mostly all the closed off areas with narrow exits and small maps, so that cannot be fixed without making the map and houses more open, and if I do that, it will not be a small town map anymore so that is something I will not do.

However the part with the American gate, I am not quite sure what you mean here. Do you mean like that gate looks like it has nothing behind it? Since there is a 4-5 metre gap (behind the large gate) there which gives an illusion that there could be a road that does a sharp left turn into the landscape, if its not obvious enough, I could see if I can make it more obvious. Yah, thinking about it, I'll do that. (Edit: Edited the spawn to make it look more obvious now).

Could you link me an image of the other areas where you mentioned that were maybe not synchronized? Since I am not quite sure what ones you are pointing too. If its the building on the right side of the British spawn building, that door gives an illusion that it leads to the little courtyard which is fenced off.

Edit:

Not that this is important, but during a test match with this map 3-4 months ago (basically the same map back then, but ladder instead of stairs to the 2nd floor) the Brits won a round, so its not that much American sided I would say.

http://mpc.wippiespace.com/desktop/2011-10-28_00001.jpg

Edit: Think I fixed the American gate issue, I'll get it on the SVN later on.

This post has been edited by mpc: Feb 22 2012, 06:20 AM

--------------------
Want to join TRR? www.theroyalrecruits.com - Plexi's cat can see your soul!

+Quote Post
James Asner
post Mar 22 2012, 07:18 PM
Post #4

Captain

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,047

The cobblestone texture has modern day trash in it (cigarette butts, etc.).

--------------------

+Quote Post
BIKA
post Mar 22 2012, 08:09 PM
Post #5

Lieutennant

Member No.: 14,854

While I'm busy playing on all low settings and killing the entire other team, I'm going to stare at a texture and take some screen shots, then probably photo-enhance it by 1,000 times and pay a professional $1k to digitally re-master the texture in a super high-res form, so I can see some cigarette buds and "modern trash," then I'm going to come back here and post on BGMod forums about why I even care.

--------------------
__
(^_^=)[XXXX]~
BIKA
\_+_//_+_\

+Quote Post
Ad-Man
post Mar 22 2012, 09:00 PM
Post #6

Part of the Big Five conspiracy
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,147

It's an easter egg, well done for spotting it.

--------------------
Do you cant read me ? Not read ..
Not like whot i write ? not read too ...
Where is the problem ?

QUOTE (Copywright (wallhacker/bad modeler))
BGu had a chance of coming back but Roob failed sad really

+Quote Post
mpc
post Mar 22 2012, 09:38 PM
Post #7

Padawan of Grantelbart
Group Icon

Ya, I'll get the cobblestone thing fixed if I'm able to find a good replacement. Unless I try to make my own cobblestone. :(

Update: Grantel will be editing the texture and remove the modern trash.

This post has been edited by mpc: Mar 23 2012, 05:55 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pumbassa
post Nov 14 2012, 10:06 PM
Post #8

Private

Member No.: 15,000

How is 2.2 progressing, will BG2's steam page be updated when it's released too?

+Quote Post
Hawke
post Nov 14 2012, 10:18 PM
Post #9

Top player, top choice
Group Icon

Group: Team Leader
Member No.: 14,831

The team is in a bit of a revision at the moment, however things are progressing. Once we have a solid chunk of content we'll be updating quite alot of things. From the Steam group and Moddb pages, to the website.

--------------------
bjn: no time for sean nanny goons

+Quote Post
Nathan Hale
post Nov 15 2012, 02:25 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

The new knife is done and in the SVN now. We're working on fixing the Long Pattern up to look better. There also will be a new skin for the militia, I believe- based on the Virginia state militia.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Desertfox
post Nov 15 2012, 11:23 AM
Post #11

YARRRRR

Member No.: 3,498

QUOTE (Nathan Hale @ Nov 15 2012, 03:25 AM) *
The new knife is done and in the SVN now. We're working on fixing the Long Pattern up to look better. There also will be a new skin for the militia, I believe- based on the Virginia state militia.

Sweet, cannot wait to try it out.

--------------------

RIP Layne Staley

Games I'm currently playing:

Counter-Strike:GO, Starcraft II, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel & Elder Scrolls Online

+Quote Post
mpc
post Nov 16 2012, 04:28 PM
Post #12

Padawan of Grantelbart
Group Icon

Yeah, the skin should be on the SVN, but not sure if you can use it yet without recoding it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Desertfox
post Nov 30 2012, 11:40 PM
Post #13

YARRRRR

Member No.: 3,498

LCG has a couple new maps up guys, and we encourage people to give us maps they've created to use on our server.

--------------------

RIP Layne Staley

Games I'm currently playing:

Counter-Strike:GO, Starcraft II, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel & Elder Scrolls Online

+Quote Post
oo7
post Dec 2 2012, 07:28 PM
Post #14

Self proclaimecd grandmaster of the universe

Member No.: 3,480

send me a copy i will show you all bugs

+Quote Post
Pumbassa
post Jan 20 2013, 11:15 PM
Post #15

Private

Member No.: 15,000

How goes the update?

+Quote Post
Nathan Hale
post Mar 9 2013, 10:09 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

QUOTE (Pumbassa @ Jan 20 2013, 06:15 PM) *
How goes the update?

Still working on various projects. Progress has been slow because we have only a couple active developers.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd December 2014 - 03:29 PM